From 2015, the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation Office in Mongolia awards scholarships to successful students of Mongolia. The scholarship is intended to support outstanding young local students and allows them to fully concentrate on their course of study as well as to foster their social and political involvement.
Criteria for scholarship applications:
- Mongolian citizenship
- Be under 25 years of age
- Active socio-political commitment (political, cultural or voluntary)
- Enrollment at a Mongolian higher education institution
- Successful completion of at least two semesters
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Good German or English language skills (minimum level B1)
- Considerable interest and the willingness to participate on study-accompanying measures of the KAF (e.g. participation on events, seminars and lectures)
During the selection process priority will be given to students from the social sciences and humanities (e.g. politic, law, economics, international relations, administration, history, journalism, philosophy, theology). Students from the fields of technic, philology or medicine can only be awarded in exceptional cases. The scholarship cannot be applied for doctorates.
The scholarship recipients will receive:
- A monthly financial support of 400.000 Tugrug (gross)
- An ideational support, e.g. participation on seminars and conferences of the KAF as well as to completing an internship at the KAF Office in Mongolia
As a rule, the scholarship is granted for 6 months. Upon good performance and behavior of the scholarship holder it can be extended by up to 6 months.
Following application documents are to be submitted in German or in English to the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation Office in Mongolia on 30th June 2015 at the latest:
- Completed application form (Download: see column on the right)
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular form)
- Letter of motivation (2-3 pages)
- An academic letter of recommendation (from a professor of the field of study)
- A personal reference letter (e.g. from a former employer )
- Student enrollment certificate
- Applicant's photo
- A copy of secondary school's graduation certificate with translation
- A copy of the most recent transcript with translation
- A copy of awarded university diploma/graduation certificate with appendix (for master’s and postgraduate program students)
The second step of the application procedure will be based on invitation, which will take place in August 2015. Travel expenses incurred due to the selection interview cannot be refunded.
How do I apply?
Your contact partner is:
Tel. +976 11 319 135/136
Fax +976 11 319 137